Saturday, December 9, 2017

Week 49 Review: Letters to the Lost

From Goodreads:
Juliet Young always writes letters to her mother, a world-traveling photojournalist. Even after her mother's death, she leaves letters at her grave. It's the only way Juliet can cope.

Declan Murphy isn't the sort of guy you want to cross. In the midst of his court-ordered community service at the local cemetery, he's trying to escape the demons of his past.

When Declan reads a haunting letter left beside a grave, he can't resist writing back. Soon, he's opening up to a perfect stranger, and their connection is immediate. But neither Declan nor Juliet knows that they're not actually strangers. When life at school interferes with their secret life of letters, sparks will fly as Juliet and Declan discover truths that might tear them apart.

My Review:
I've been meaning to read this for over a year, I think. And I don't know why it took me this long to read it, because I've really enjoyed her other books. And I kinda thought that it was published around December 2016, but I think I got it slightly confused with her other title, Thicker Than Water, or else I would've read it sooner. Ah, well!

This is a book that you could basically say was about anything, from a story about loss and learning how to move on, to a romance between two teens who didn't know how alike they were. It has a lot going on, and one element feeds very well to the next!

Declan's family, especially his step-father, really frustrated me. Charing Declan for stealing when it was his dad's car? The whole thing that he tried to commit suicide but ends up being charged with no treatment? Yeah, that was really uncool! It turns out that the whole story wasn't presented, but it was still a rough time!

When I read this book, I didn't know that it was a series, but I'm glad that is. We saw Declan and Juliet find a happy ending in this book, but his friend had issues of his own, so he'll get his happy ending, and hopefully we'll see more of Juliet and Declan's! Yeah!

Really, this book was fantastic, and I really enjoyed reading it! 

Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Series: Letters the the Lost #1
Read: December 3rd, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Published: April 4th 2017
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!